Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Dog Ate my Homework


So, you're wondering why I'm late posting to the blog this morning. Well, "the dog ate my homework". Seriously, the contractor cut my cable wire. No TV, no cable. Thank God for Tivo. I had something to watch last night from recordings earlier in the day. (Unfortunately I missed Big Brother 8; but it was only a Power of Veto night not an elimination night.) Unlike little Jimmy whose dog ate his homework, big James has a digital camera to prove that this really did happen.
So, they cut the main cable wire to use it as a guide to fish the electrical wire up to Wesley's office. Then they spliced it back together. Pictures 1 and 2 show the splice. Picture 3 shows where the two wires are running up from the basement along the stack for the bathroom vents. Apparently, the main cable wire didn't like being spliced. Now the entire system is down. I just received a call from Wes and the cable company is at the house right now trying to fix this. So hopefully there be no other delays in posting.









If I had made a post yesterday it would have been regarding preparations for the heated floor. Note in the pictures above that the base of all of the cabinets have been sealed with foam in preparation for the spreading of the concrete. The electrical insepctor comes today. With their approval, the floor concrete will then be laid and the job will continue.












As I was jumping out of the shower this morning, the new back door was delivered. I'm changing the current door out to install a full light door. I think that this is going to be a wonderful addition and bring in even more light into the kitchen

No comments: