Sunday, June 24, 2007

Surprise!!!

I took the picture on the left and below on Thursday. The team had moved all of the old stuff out of the garage to make room for the delivery of the cabinets. To my surprise when I looked in the garage, nothing was there. So I figured that the cabinets would show up on some other day. It didn't really look like much had happened, so I posted the expose on the world of construction.




When I got home on Friday it didn't appear that much had happened. I figured that the team took the day off. They've been here three weeks in a row. Maybe they needed a break or some other job had pulled them away. I wasn't worried or bothered. Alan is the best, so I knew that what ever the cause it was a good reason. Well, it turned out that one of the guys, Ryan, welcomed his fourth child into the world! Sounds like a damned good reason to me! Since it appeared that nothing happened on Friday I didn't bother to look in the garage again.


Well Duuhhhhhhhhhhh! I should have looked in the garage. Alan and I were corresponding via e-mail this weekend and he mentioned that this would be a big week because the cabinets were delivered. I thought to myself "of course they were... I just finished paying for them. John (the cabinet supplier) said that they were sitting in the warehouse." But then I had a major brain-fart this morning. Why would Alan tell me that the cabinets were delivered? He knows that I know that the cabinets are at Star Supply. Unless....

Well, what do you know. The cabinets had been in the garage since Friday! Since the house didn't look different I never bothered to look in the garage. I am so excited. This is going to be a big week as these babies start going up.












Of course I couldn't wait for them to start bringing them in; I had to open a few of the boxes. This is exactly what I wanted! Something warm in color, somewhere between mission, traditional, and contemporary in style.

No comments: