Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Little White Flags

Disclaimer: The work you are about to view was not done by my contractor Alan. Alan's work is always of the highest quality.

So, as I shared during my last post the inground sprinkler system was installed. I was told that the process was fairly simple and that while the yard would sustain some damage, it would be minimal. The machinery used to dig the trenches apparently was supposed to fold the turf over and fold it back once the lines were laid. I expected there to be some sort of damage, but in many places it looks as if they just dug up huge sections of the yard. Nevermind that they didn't want to repair the electrical line that they hit (Alan fixed that for me). Nevermind that they sent 6 people over to work on the yard on Friday and it didn't look like a thing had been done.

I went out of town on Friday and when I returned on Sunday I decided that the best way to get this fixed was to do it myself. So, I purchased no less than 25 - 40 lb. bags of topsoil from home depot and did the repair work myself. As my neighbor Don said, the good things it that I've got plenty of the one thing you need to repair a lawn... water.

The little white flags in the pictures below show where the sprinkler heads were installed.




No comments: